Atomic!

17:55:00 MoonDoggie 0 Comments

MidCentury and gaming don't usually go hand in hand... but I'm glad to say there are a few shining examples (I can only think of two at the moment).

I'm currently attached to my Fallout 3 game. It is set 200 years after the nuclear war that devastated the game's world in an alternate post-World War II timeline. I spend most of my free time on the internet looking at cool retro stuff and then play a game which features a lot of the retro style I love. It was hard to find pictures of the furniture and other decor but here are a couple pics to give you the idea:

While trying to search for some images I came across this brilliant promotion for Fallout 3 at a gaming expo. They cleaned up an authentic airstream (caravan) and filled it with retro-styled goodies based on the game.

If you like what you see, or are already a fan of the game, there's some nifty game-related, retro styling at the official Fallout 3 site.

Word of warning though, this is not a game for the kids.

0 comments: