The Light Stuff

19:14:00 MoonDoggie 2 Comments



I need a new lamp - and I use the term 'new' loosely here, as I'd prefer either vintage or at least retro style. I've been desperately searching for a lamp similar to one Biba posted on her blog nearly a year ago with no luck (seen on right).

Tikimama has an amazing lamp (I hope she doesn't mind me posting her pic here...) but I can't seem to find anything like it.

There are a lot of retro style desk lamps around but I've already had a couple of them and would like something a bit different now. I quite like these two from ikea but the search will continue.


UPDATE: - Went to ikea and found that the BRASA (white one) was much bigger than expected - still nice but too big for my bedside anyway. We very nearly bought the LYKTA but while deliberating on which colour to choose decided that the open top would mean it would get very dusty, so we left it. The search goes on...

2 comments:

  1. Of course I don't mind! I love my lamp, too!

    Found it by pure chance at an antique store in Yucca Valley, CA, where we lived last year.

    Vintage-lovers' common wisdom is "be patient, and you will find it (whatever it is)". Sometimes you even find something you didn't know you were looking for, and that's fun!

    I covet Biba's lamp, too!

    ReplyDelete