Build Your Own Eames House

11:46:00 MoonDoggie 3 Comments


I blogged about the Rosy Casa dolls yesterday. I was going to blog about the fabulous Alexander Girard wooden blocks today until this caught my eye. House Industries have made some alphabet blocks that fit together to form a wooden replica of the Eames House.

You can see more pics of the blocks on the House Industries website but they're not available to buy until May 1, 2010.

If you're not quite sure what the Eames House looks like, here is a photo and a floor plan to refresh your memory (You can see more photographs of the real Eames House on the Eames Foundation website).

3 comments:

  1. These are too cool. Darn House Industries temps me so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish I could live in a house like that.

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say that I really enjoyed reading your post! This is a topic that's of interest to myself and my husband (who works in a creative industry).

    We too own original designer pieces and some replicas. I must admit I would feel incredibly uncomfortable buying a replica of a designer who was establishing their career or probably even still living so our replicas have been Eames products (which one day, when we have more money and the replicas have seen better days we intend on replacing with the 'real deal').

    One thing can be said for the originals though - they are much more likely to be higher quality than the replicas and manufacturers are much MUCH more obliging with honouring warranties etc (we have experienced this first hand!)

    I find it a little unusual though that Real Living (which has SO many advertisements for replica furniture companies) tweeted about Authentic Design!

    I'm so glad you linked to Fun and VJs too - I love local renovation blogs!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete