Disappearing Comment Freak Out

12:34:00 MoonDoggie 8 Comments


For a while now, I've noticed that some of my comments aren't showing up on other people's blogs. I comment my little heart out and later realise that my comments have not been included (sometimes they need blog owner approval). At first I thought I must have stuffed something up on my end (the farmer said to his wife), but it seems to be happening more often lately.

Now, I understand if people are choosing not to display my comments but am not sure why this would be the case as I don't write anything offensive. It's not really a problem with blogs I occasionally visit but I do worry that my blog buddies may feel neglected (yes, I have a large ego) or even offended.

Has anyone else been having this problem? Or if you have chosen not to publish a comment of mine, could you drop me a line and let me know why. I'm starting to wonder if I'm imagining writing the comments in the first place!
By the way, I found the 'Freak Out' button image on the 'those we left behind' blog. It was apparently an ice lolly. But THIS is the wildest ice cream idea ever:

source: those we left behind

8 comments:

  1. You know what? This DID happen to me, just once, recently. It actually really hurt my feelings! I didn't feel I had said anything offensive - I maybe just whined a WEE bit. But why the person would choose not to publish it at all is rather a mystery to me. I was too embarrassed to ask her why. But it sort of made me feel uncomfortable now about commenting on that blog. I kept thinking: Did I mess up somehow, and not hit "post" your comment or whatever? And I am completely wrong about it being "rejected"? But I don't think so. I think the lady didn't like what I said for some reason. I have to admit, it probably is bugging me way more than it should. But still.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird isn't it? The fact that it's been happening so much lately makes me think it may be a blogspot thing because there's one blog in particular that I'm pretty sure wouldn't have rejected my comment. That or I'm going a bit senile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a blog glitch thing. Happening to me as well.

    For a while I was unable to follow anyone elses blog who followed mine. I felt terrible thinking they thought I was snubbing them!

    It wasn't me, honest! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm... I talked to my friend MidCenturyMadam today about this, and she does think it was some kind of a blogger glitch. But I still don't know - it was just the one comment, for me, on the one blog - I still think she rejected me. Stings a bit. I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad this isn't just happening to me then. I shy away from asking the blogowners straight out just in case they DID choose to reject me and don't want to be an annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm fairly certain this is a blogspot glitch. I always moderate my comments to keep spam down, but I was having problems last week & weekend with comments I approved for publishing not showing up, so I disabled comment moderation. Within hours I had two spam messages. It peeved me something fierce, so I re-enable moderation and since then every message I publish has actually shown up. The only time I ever choose not to publish a comment is if it's vulgar or spam. And you know, several other bloggers mentioned to me that the comments they have approved in moderation weren't showing up. So I really think it's a blogspot glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'm not going to worry about it anymore then. The world will just have to be deprived of my wisdom sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This hsa happened to me!!! For some reason when I try to comment on blogs when using my hubbie's PC laptop and Firefox the comments don't publish (just on some blogs) but I've never had that prob with Safari on my mac, not sure if it's a setting thing?

    ReplyDelete