Marvelous Midlands

18:31:00 MoonDoggie 3 Comments


You may have noticed that I've been absent for a few days.  We returned yesterday from a sojourn to the Midlands.  The above picture is of the Bull Ring Selfridges Building in Birmingham - not mid century but pretty cool all the same.

We also popped into Worcester, which was a surprise hit - a very lovely city filled with Tudor buildings and friendly people.  We weren't so impressed with our planned destination, Stratford-upon-Avon (of Shakespeare fame) but I found the area around Anne Hathaway's cottage quite picturesque:



And I did think this plaque outside the Shakespeare Centre Library (just up from Shakespeare's house) was quite cool:



It was a great little break and at the end of it all, my generous mother-in-law gave me this Jersey Pottery piece after I mentioned that I liked the pattern.  It's a posy holder or pomander but seems to be quite rare in this green colour.


Back at work tomorrow sadly, so we're going out for dinner tonight to pretend we're still on a holiday.  Hope you've all had great weekends!

3 comments:

  1. We missed you!

    Looks like you have a lovely time. Fantastic gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you for taking a nice trip :) what a lovely piece for your collection.

    ReplyDelete