Beach Blanket Bonanza

17:23:00 MoonDoggie 2 Comments

image source
I've just finished watching Beach Blanket Bingo again.

I'd never realised (until today) that it was part of a series of 'Beach Party' movies, although I did realise it was a type of movie popular in the sixties (with a name like MoonDoggie, how couldn't I?).

Beach Blanket Bingo was made in 1965 and was the sixth in the series of 8 spanning from 1963 to 1966. Most of these teen movies starred Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon, who was actually in his mid twenties and married with children at the time he filmed BBB (source). (What a square!)

I'd be lying if I said the movie was good but there's still something I love about it.
It might be the bright saturated colours, the fashion, the music (which is actually quite catchy), the decor or just the general sense of pervading happiness that comes attached to this film.


I actually quite fancy 'Bonehead', played by actor Jody McCrea.  Can't think why... maybe it was the hat?


Have a look at the trailer and see if its something you'd be interested in too:


I am now determined to watch all the other Beach Party movies, so watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the theme song and really liked the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The theme song really gets in your brain, don't it? I'm not surprised you liked the mermaid, Copyboy - that guy really caught some tail ;)

    ReplyDelete