Pretty Flamingo

17:00:00 MoonDoggie 0 Comments

Every other person and their dog seem to want some vintage wall ducks and despite being involved in some very frustrating bidding incidents trying to get my hands on them - they have so far eluded my grasp. 

Since the ducks have been unobtainable my thoughts turned to another bastion of Kitsch - Pink Flamingos.

The original pink lawn ornaments/eyesores (depending on which way you look at them) were designed by Don Featherstone in the late 1950s.  They were apparently prolific but try as I might,  I have been unable to find any circa 1950s photos of lawns with flamingos.  If you know of any please send 'em my way.

The closest I have been able to find is a postcard and pictures of the Fabulous Flamingo hotel in Las Vegas (circa 50s/60s):


By night:


By day:
That tower is really something else!

0 comments: